"Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break." ~William Shakespeare

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

Well, I am back in Houston now. I know that there are people that didn't agree with my coming back here. Honestly though, I can't live my life based on what other people think that I should do. You never did. I am actively looking for a job, and I know that I will get a great one soon. I also started classed to finish my Bachelor's Degree last week. I have submitted my first papers, and I received 100's on both. I know you would be proud of me. I can't wait to get my degree so that I can get the job that I want. You have really inspired me to chase down my dreams daddy. I am not going to sit around and hope that what I want will just fall into my lap. I am going to go after it.

We are all doing okay. Don't worry about us; we are getting by. It still hurts, and I really feel that it always will, but we are not letting this stop us from living. That is how you would want it. I think about what you might be doing a lot. I wonder what you are doing or with whom you are speaking. I find myself staring up at the sky and just wondering sometimes.

I love you dad, and I think about you often. Never forget that.

Love,

Your Wunkus

1 comment: