"Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break." ~William Shakespeare

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Every minute of every day

I think of him all throughout my day. I think, well, Tom would have liked that, or Tom said this... I think of things he has said to me, and I wish he were here to say them again. I still cry most of the time when I think about him. I know he was not perfect, but he was perfect for me. I am so alone and lonely. My children are great, but they are no substitute for the closeness Tom and I shared.

I'm considering getting a new bed, a smaller one. We just got some new ones in at work, really NICE ones, 15 year NON-prorated warranty, individually wrapped coils, memory foam - and I'm debating because they are expensive. Today a friend sent me $100 and I could hear Tom saying, "Marie! Get the one you want." So I guess I will.

Tomorrow will be four weeks since he flew away. I know the exact minute he left. He got goose bumps on his arm and I looked at his chest and they were all over him. I wondered, is he seeing Jesus now? Is he getting ready to go? And then he did. I long for a glimpse of him. I will see him again one day. It may be a while, but we will be together again. Tom, te amo.

1 comment:

  1. He is right. Get the one that you want. That is EXACTLY what he would say!

    ReplyDelete