"Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break." ~William Shakespeare

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

I was thinking about you this morning. I was thinking about the day that I got my driver's license. I remember I got in the car with the instructor and drove out to take the test. When I returned, you were standing at the door with another father. His daughter was taking the test as well. You had never met this man before; he was a stranger. I was walking behind the man's daughter. She approached you and he first. When she said that she had passed the test, you clapped your hand on his back, and were so genuinely happy that his daughter had passed. Then I approached and said taht I had passed as well. You were even more excited. I don't know why this memory stands out in my mind, but I believe that it speaks as to your true nature. You loved seeing others excel and reach their goals, even if they were a stanger. You loved people and wanted to see them succeed. I miss you dad, but I enjoy remembering these memories that speak to who you really were. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment